Monday, May 19, 2008

BLAKE H.S. GRAD DEBUTS AS ‘NALA’ IN THE LION KING


It was no surprise to me that Dan’yelle would make it this far. I’m waiting to see how long it will be before she receives her first TONY AWARD.

I too graduated H.W. Blake H.S. for the Arts in Musical Theater. Dan’yelle was one of my best friends and an amazing performer since our freshman year; only to get better over time. She is one of the most delightful, humorous, and humble performers to work with. She was probably the best singer any high school could’ve had. I was not shocked when I heard about her success in the Chicago Wicked cast. I am but beyond thrilled to see her debut in Disney’s The Lion King here in her hometown.

She is a must see performer. I can only see Patti LuPone and Stephanie Mills status in her future!

- Spencer Meyers

SUBSCRIBE TO THIS FEED

No comments: