Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I gave in... and I'm glad I did!

I'm what marketers would call a "late adopter." It really takes quite a bit for me to jump onto the latest bandwagon. But once I do, I'm usually glad I did.

In December I had planned a cross-country trip and decided that I needed some reading material. So like most I headed over to Borders to check out the gigantic selection. Per usual the first thing I run into is the huge book displays and since they’re in the front of the store, you have to at least give them a scan, right? That's when I came across The DaVinci Code. I'm officially a sucker for a good display and heck, can millions of people really be wrong? (If you were wondering, I’m still not on the Harry Potter bandwagon)

The next day I hopped on the plane and started reading… and reading… and reading (the automatic response on a five-hour flight when the featured movie is The Dukes of Hazzard). From the start it had all the makings of a good book ... short chapters and an addictive plot. I finally finished the book this past weekend (totally not a reflection on the book, just that I’m a busy and rather slow reader). I can say with absolute certainty that it’s one of the best books I’ve read in a very long time. And if you’re wondering if I’m going to see the movie in May ... HECK YEAH!

- Angela L.

No comments: