Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Catchup with Catie

One of the more popular Club Jaeb artists we brought in this year was singer-songwriter Catie Curtis.

She does a pretty good job of keeping her fans posted. Here are some excerpts from her most recent email:

It's been an exciting week around here. Mark Erelli and I were awarded the International Songwriting Competition Grand Prize for our song "People Look Around," which we wrote after Hurricane Katrina. For the whole story, go to: http://www.songwritingcompetition.com/winners.htm
Ben Wisch just finished mixing the song for my upcoming album (Long Night Moon, due out in August 2006), so we posted it on http://www.catiecurtis.com as a pre-release download. Hot off the press ... or out of the studio in this case.

This weekend I play in Massachusetts and Maine. Then I'll visit Missouri, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio and Texas and Oklahoma at the end of this month. For those of you who asked, I definitely will return to Chicago and to the west coast in the fall. I'm sorry we couldn't schedule it this spring.

It snowed here yesterday but I think spring is really on the way (although my 3 year old says it's going to keep snowing until next Christmas).

Hope to see you,
Catie
We've got some promising leads on next year's offerings, and as soon as some things are firm I'll be sutre to share.

Did you come to any of the shows? Have suggestions on future artists to bring? Let us know!

- David J.

No comments: