Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Feedback on the Girl ...

A few patron comments on our recent The Girl of the Golden West opera production, submitted to me via Angela L.:

"Your production, which I attended on Sunday matinee, was superb. The singing, the acting, the conducting and in particular the staging were just right. Particular plaudits are due the director, Dorothy Danner. I came up from Venice and am a subscriber to the Sarasota Opera. I wanted you to know how exceedingly pleased I was with Sunday's performance." - Bill

"I am Kamal Khan, Resident Conductor and Chorus Master of Palm Beach Opera, and I must congratulate the entire company on the success of FANCIULLA. I had the pleasure of talking with Maestro Coppola and Dorothy Danner after the show to congratulate them personally, but this also extends to your wonderfully committed orchestra and chorus, as well as the fine cast. It is a very difficult opera , but both the Act One and Act Three curtains were enormously moving. Puccini worked his magic through you all. The very best of luck in the coming season."

- compiled by David J.

No comments: