Tuesday, April 01, 2008

I heard it was sold out!

My husband and I met up with a couple friends on Saturday night for dinner and a movie. Our waitress noticed my husband's Jersey Boys t-shirt and struck up a conversation saying how much she wanted to see the show but couldn't find someone to go with her (we told her to get new friends, but I digress). Eventually it came out that I worked here and we started talking about the upcoming run of The Lion King. She said she wanted to see that too but was sure it was sold out. UGH! Yet another person who mistakenly thinks a show is sold out when really it isn't.

You know, as a marketeer (like a mouseketeer, but cooler and we don't sing a song at the end of the day) we love and hate the words "sold out." We love it when the show does sell out. We've successfully done our job and a bunch of people are going to see a terrific show. However, we hate it when people just assume something is sold out. You know what they say about people who assume...

So let me shed a little light on this whole "sold out" mystery. Take a look at these tips and you'll never miss a show because you heard it was sold out!
  1. Ask us! I can assure you our Ticket Office is full of lovely people who want to talk to you.
  2. Have you seen advertising recently... print, TV, radio, online, etc. I can assure you that if I'm paying for ads we still have tickets.
  3. You were online but you couldn't find a ticket. Double check by calling the ticket office. Odds are the seats might just be limited for that performance and/or a price level. Ask us!
  4. A friend/significant other (who doesn't want to go with you) says "Oh, you know how it goes. It's probably already sold out." Ok. It's possible. It happens. But it's also possible that your friend/loved one is starting a dirty rumor!
In any case, I just thought I would share. And please, whatever you do, don't go to a ticket broker before you ask us first! Trust me... we'll definitely let you know if it's sold out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If we did sing a song at the end of the day - what would it be?

- Fellow Marketeer

David Jenkins said...

One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer?