Monday, February 06, 2006

Luck of the draw

The following is a great letter we got from a very happy customer:

To whom it may concern,

I won the WICKED Lottery at the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center on January 28th! It was the most incredible experience and I'm not sure who to thank for that. I went with a friend and won two tickets (that cost $25/ea) that were the front row, orchestra seats of the theatre. Being that close to the stage, experiencing WICKED with it's fabulous Emerald City costumes, the orchestra, the voices, and every facial expression and well delivered funny line was an experience I will never forget.

In Church the next day, I was still wearing my "I won the WICKED lottery" badge on my purse, and two teenage girls started pointing and dreaming that maybe they could win the lottery too. I encouraged them to try because it was an experience of a lifetime. That evening, they adjusted their work schedules and went with their grandmother (also a friend of mine) to wait 3 hours at the theatre for a chance at those front row seats. THEY WON! And they are still talking about the experience. Jenny told me that she couldn't believe that she was walking through the first door of the theatre. Kelsey already had the WICKED CD, so she was also in disbelief. And Patti, the grandmother, told me she not only enjoyed the show, but "it was fun just to watch the faces of 'the girls' (her granddaughters)" as they enjoyed the show. Those two girls really deserved something so nice. They are honor role students, one is in basketball, and one is in music, they both work at the movie theatre, volunteer at church, help their mother with their younger brothers, and the family loves music.

So, thank you, thank you, thank you! If you were the one responsible for having a WICKED Lottery! The show was fabulous, and the whole experience unforgettable!

Sincerely,
Linda Lyon

No comments: