Thursday, October 06, 2005

Geek Love

I am currently working with members of the 501st Stormtrooper Legion, Florida Garrison, to help us make the experience of the One Man Star Wars Trilogy just that much more fun.

Before investigating, I didn't even know these guys existed. It's a nationwide organization and in addition to attending Star Wars related events and conventions, they do a fair amount of community service and charity work as well.

You learn something new every day.

The Tampa Bay Squad has already been very helpful in assisting us in spreading the word.

I'm sure if any of my bosses were able to cruise behind my desk this week they'd think I was totally slacking off, as I'm always on Star Wars fan sites, looking through photo albums from DragonCon and all sorts of other internet doodling to find all my geeky Star Wars people. Good times, indeed.

-David J.

No comments: