Thursday, July 30, 2009

Intern AP Speaks!

Intern: a person who works as an apprentice or trainee in an occupation or profession to gain practical experience, and sometimes also to satisfy legal or other requirements for being licensed or accepted professionally.

I know what your thinking – interning is the worst – you’re on the bottom of the totem pole, do work no one else wants to do, no responsibility!

Breathe! I’m the one doing it – you’re not!

I must brag a little bit because interning with the Performing Arts Center has been one of the best experiences of my life! Not only am I included in some pretty great projects, meetings, and brainstorming…but the performing arts are something I am truly interested in! Trust me – its way better to be doing something that interests you than not.

Plus think about it – sure you have to work twice as hard as everyone else, (HELLO – they’re getting a paycheck, you’re not! Why wouldn’t you want to work harder?) but hopefully, especially in that “dream job” it will all pay off in the end. So let’s keep your fingers crossed for me and turn in to see what happens!

Here’s to great perks and great times ahead!

No comments: