Friday, April 20, 2007

Another chick that rocks - Patty Larkin

Oh, i hope I can say that without catching any of the firestorm going on over at the CreLo site for their cover story from last week ...

Anyway, I noted in a few of the responses the mention of Patty Larkin as a for-sure top 100 pick on albums, and of course it reminded me that she'll be back here on May 7 - in just a few short weeks.

The Club Jaeb series is a great new programming strand here. I really love the concept of being able to see great singer-songwriters like Christine Lavin or Catie Curtis, or the smooth sounds of LeRoy Bell or the alternative bluegrass sound of Old School Freight Train. This is only the second year.

I mean, the theater only seats 268. It's small, intimate, there's not a bad seat in the room.

I've seen the sneak-peek at next year's lineup - it's a good one. Get yourself in the know by heading out May 7. Arrive at 6:30 for the Monday Music Mingle. Grab a bite and a drink and talk to people who love good music as much as you do.

-dj

No comments: