Monday, January 11, 2010

A Prairie Home Companion opera episode!

There I was driving around Tampa getting my weekend errands done and staring unbelievably at my car display reading 34 degrees. I flipped on my radio to listen to Prairie Home Companion on WUSF and remind myself that Florida is still warmer than Minnesota.

They were broadcasting from the The War Memorial Opera House in San Francisco! Home of the fabulous San Francisco Opera! With performances by celebrated Metropolitan Opera tenor Raúl Melo and a great Opera Breakdown by Andy Stein and The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band. This is a great podcast to grab here.

It's not just Opera Tampa fans who should listen, Club Jaeb fans will appreciate performances by Sara Watkins and rushing to get her new album available on iTunes.

Hope you have your Kim Richey tickets for tonight's Club Jaeb, because she is SOLD OUT!

There are still some great seats remaining for Renée Fleming on Jan. 26. This Opera Tampa concert is a very special event. Ms. Fleming will be performing with a full orchestra conducted by Maestro Anton Coppola!

-Kari G.

No comments: