Monday, October 12, 2009

Intern AP got to go on a cool vacation!

I just got back from vacation in New York and while I was there I loaded up on all the Broadway and Off Broadway shows my mom and I wanted to see. Think I’m joking? 8 days, 7 shows! It was heaven.

Among the big titles were Next to Normal; Jersey Boys; Hair; Bye, Bye Birdie and South Pacific.

Coincidentally - South Pacific is coming right here to TBPAC! If you have not seen the show or have and just love the music, you have to come see this! Not only is the Broadway tour coming, the movie is being featured as one of the free movies on the lawn - Nov. 13!

Synopsis for those who don’t know: South Pacific concerns the lives of U.S. military men, nurses and the residents of the Polynesian island they occupy during World War II. Nurse Nellie Forbush is "In Love With a Wonderful Guy," a French planter with small children. Clean-cut Lt. Cable has fallen hard for Bloody Mary's daughter Liat. And the seabees, sailors and marines will tell you that there is "Nothing Like a Dame."

The show's gorgeous score also includes "Cockeyed Optimist," "I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Out of My Hair," "Some Enchanted Evening," "Younger Than Springtime," "Honey Bun" and "This Nearly Was Mine."
This Rodgers and Hammerstein classic also won Best Musical Revival at the Tony Awards a couple years back.

You will have the best time watching this moving story.

For more information and tickets go .

- AP

No comments: